Brr! It's that time of year again... we just got our first snowfall last night! And you know what that means... Christmas is coming!
This year I finally have my own apartment that I get to decorate however I want. I'm sooo excited! My theme is going to be silver and blue, both because that is my favourite winter colour combo and because that is the theme of most of the Christmas decorations I've collected over the past few years. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate how beautiful Christmas decor can look in any colour scheme!
This is a collection of my top 10 favourite images of beautifully decorated rooms in a warm, elegant and rich theme. I created a board on Pinterest full of even more ideas which you can check out here. Enjoy!
*Disclaimer: these pictures are all from Pinterest and not taken by me. I credited the blogs that I could find had published some of the pictures, but if you see something that belongs to you and would like action to be taken, please don't hesitate to contact me!*
1. This is honestly my dream doorway. I feel like I need to cry just looking at this. It's so warm and inviting and perfectly festive. Yes please! I actually have a bunch of pins saved from this particular house, because it's that perfect. If you want to see the full tour of her home, check it out here.
2. Quick, where's the heart eyes emoji!? Just look at this living room! It feels like one giant present! It's so cozy and inviting, I would love to be curled up on that couch right now with a great big glass of hot chocolate and a nice book. Seriously, can this be my house please?
3. I swear this is actually a lodge decorated for Christmas, what absolutely amazing accents this kitchen has. You can just imagine your closest family and friends gathered around this island, the smell of turkey in the air, everyone wearing a knitted sweater... Yes. All of the yesses.
4. This is another beautiful, warm, inviting & cozy Christmas setup for a living room. It's also much more attainable than some of the other designs I've shown. Just pile some varying pillows and a knitted throw blanket on your couch, place some gold reindeer and pinecone figurines around the room, light a candle and voila! The perfect simple Christmas decor that will make everyone feel the joy all season long.
5. Again, where is that heart eyes emoji when you need it? Look at how absolutely perfect this is. The rug and pillows are both reminiscent of snow, and I'm living for these sparkly branches. Another amazing chair to curl up in with a good book and a nice steaming cup of hot chocolate. This is a more realistic setup too because the rug and pillows can be year-round decor! You can find more design inspiration like this here. I love their blog pictures!
6. This is such an adorable setup. I love the Christmas lights on the branches beside the fireplace. And those socks match everything else perfectly. The deer painting fits in so well with the theme, I think they made it just for their living room! You can check out this blog post here.
7. Starting to think I should have just included mantle decorations in this Christmas post, because what fits in to any Christmas decor theme better than a roaring fire and well-decorate mantle? I am so in love with the look of pine garlands and white Christmas lights. The wicker baskets add a lovely warm touch to an already perfect display.
8. Wow. I wish I had a winding staircase so I could decorate my stairs like this. Well, I do have a few stairs leading up to my front door... but I would be really brave to put anything on the floor where my cats have access to it. I still love seeing creative ideas for stair decorations, there are so many possibilities! I also love the bare branch tree with simple ornaments hanging off of it. So amazing.
9. One word: Stairs. Yes to all of the Christmas stairs. I am jealous of every single one of your catless homes. Not because you don't have cats, but because you can put things on the floor with confidence. The tone of these stairs is so beautiful, I love the green and warm white accents. Such a cozy Christmas masterpiece.
10. Yes. Just yes. I wish I had the space for all of these trees. What a way to bring Winter inside without the chill. Hey, maybe you could trick Santa and his reindeer into staying in your living room this way...
Although there are hundreds of pictures I could include of all the brilliant ways people have decorated their homes for the holidays, I want to hear and see some of yours! Leave a comment below and let me know which houses were your favourite, or how you plan to decorate for the upcoming Christmas holidays. And if you still want some more inspiration, check out the Pinterest board I created with more beautiful earthy Christmas decoration pins.